Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Finger Little, Plaster Big

A bit of a delay between posts owing to my travel schedule, and the fact that i've been pretty much left handed since last Monday, which really affected typing speed and slowed down work. This is what my hand looked like for the better part of last week.


My right hand wrapped in plaster


I've realized typing one handed is much faster on a mobile device than the laptop, so i wrote this one, alternating between my phone (Galaxy Ace) and my moms Galaxy Tab 2 and switched back to the laptop for links and photos. The blogger app is quite frankly useless in this regard. At best, its a notepad for drafting future posts while on the move, and needs major improvement.

Also, i've learnt to do a few more things left handed since the day i broke my finger. Quite a learning experience this, being one-handed. Bathing, shaving, driving (yes, one handed!) climbing up and down ladders on anchor handling vessels, editing screenshots etc All the usual everyday stuff. I even got an opportunity to drop down to my college, Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneshwar, on the day of my Paradip trip, and i grabbed it with both hands, plaster and all

The good news is that the plaster came off yesterday, and the minute i got to flex and bend my fingers and wrist, i was reminded of this scene from Terminator 2: Judgement Day, the part where he peels off his external skin and reveals his metal skeletal structure underneath. The way he flexes his fingers at '0 min 37 sec' is *exactly* what i did with my hand the moment i was free of plaster. (one can nowadays find absolutely *anything* on the internet i reckon)


Arnold Schwarzenegger in Terminator 2: Judgement Day

No comments:

Post a Comment